March 31st, 2014 is the deadline for enrollment into Obamacare individual and family health insurance plans. If you apply after that, you will most likely be forced to wait until the next open enrollment in 2015.
- You can no longer be denied coverage for pre-existing conditions, even if you were denied in the past
- Government subsidies to lower your monthly premium may be available depending on your income
- The new individual mandate is going to penalize people who do not get health insurance
- Doctors are often switching networks and insurance companies- a professional should review your provider situation to make sure you can continue to see your doctors
- Even if you have a small business, you may want to review your situation- some of your employees may be better off in a family plan and you should verify if you’re eligible for small business tax credits
- Many old policies are being canceled and will need to be replaced with Obamacare compliant plans
For any further questions, please contact our health insurance broker, David J. Gerson at 213-375-4987